In this two part webinar, fluvial geomorphology's theories and principals are presented. This will include theoretical and applied approaches related to river forms (and how they got that way!) that would be helpful to all people working with river systems. We will also look at how fluvial geomorphology intersects with other disciplines (e.g., hydrology, geology, ecology, engineering, etc.) that are part of a river project. This will especially be beneficial to those involved in stream restoration.
- Learn fluvial geomorphology concepts and terms.
- Understand the fundamental forces of nature that determine the forms of a river.
- Understand the relationship of river forms, stream bank protection, and erosion control.
- Learn the significance of stream restoration concepts as they relate to fluvial geomorphology.
- Recognize the functional components of a watershed and river.
Course Level: Basic
Last Updated: January 11, 2017
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|IECA PDH Webinar||3 PDHs||from January 13, 2017|