This course has been developed to familiarize participants with the concepts of polymers and how they can be used for Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) on construction sites.
The course is intended for developers, consultants, municipalities, landowners or anyone looking to learn about polymers and apply them for ESC. This course consists of six modules that discuss the basic concepts of polymers, soil stabilization with anionic polyacrylamide (PAM), PAM based stormwater clarification applications, additional PAM enhanced sediment controls, PAM assisted pond dredging, and anionic PAM application guidance for urban construction.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Define what polymers are and how they work, compare the different types and forms, and discuss the various uses
- Discuss how PAM can be used to stabilize soils and the methods of application including PAM enhanced soft armoring and hydroseeding
- Explain how PAM can be used in stormwater clarification applications and understand how to design a dewatering ditch system
- Describe the processes of how PAM can be used to enhance performance of sediment controls such as sediment retention barriers and rock check dams
- Understand how PAM can be applied to aid in the consolidation of wet sediment during pond dredging
- Understand the process of selecting the appropriate polymer for a site and the general requirements
- Understand the guidelines for using anionic PAM in urban construction projects
Course Level: Basic
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|IECA CEU Online Course||0.2 CEUs||from May 04, 2016|