This webinar will highlight treatment technologies that can be implemented in the construction industry to manage turbidity from dewatering operations. Dewatering methods are briefly introduced; however, the course focuses on best available technologies to treat and polish pumped effluent. Participants will be exposed to a decision matrix that assists in identifying the appropriate treatment for a site specific operation. Upon selection of the treatment, basic design elements are presented for consideration. The webinar targets a broad based audience who can use the information provided as a foundation to then independently research a specific treatment technology in more detail.
- Develop an understanding of control technology categories and their associated configurations and general capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of control technology selection steps required for the pollutant being targeted for treatment.
- Develop an understanding of the basic design parameters for control technologies.
- Develop an understanding of the treatment limitations, implementation considerations, and inspection and maintenance needs for control technologies.
- Name chemical treatment systems used for managing sediment and turbidity.
Course Level: All
Credit Notice: IECA is an Authorized Provider of IACET CEU credit. This course offers 0.1 IACET CEU Credit. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|IECA CEU Online Course||0.1 CEUs||from December 01, 2015|